EXOS helps people perform at a high level so they can achieve what matters most to them. Since our founding in 1999, we’ve become a leader in proactive health and performance, trusted by more than 150 clients, including corporations, academic institutions, health systems, sports organizations, the U.S. military, community centers, and residential communities. With award-winning facilities and spaces, technology, equipment, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need and provides individualized plans based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance.
This is a Performance Specialist position, which focuses primarily on the delivery and implementation of programming to individuals in a sports performance environment. While the majority of the Performance Specialist’s job will have a strong emphasis on coaching and program delivery, other job requirements may include:
+Instructing, motivating, and assisting athletes in a safe, legal, moral, ethical manner to achieve their goals.
+Conducting on-site assessments of athletes health utilizing our proprietary evaluation protocols.
+Updating training plans and/or re-evaluating athletes as needed to ensure optimal outcomes.
+Maintaining constant communication with athletes to ensure goals are being met.
+Partnering with the employer to conduct various client engagement and educational activities and events, such as lunch & learns, information fairs, campus activities, etc.
+Presenting EXOS methodology through EXOS education programs.
+Reporting various metrics to operations, such as attendance, engagement, outreach efforts, and activity level.
+Participating in program planning and development, as well as design and/or carry out related research.
+Leading and/or participating in staff education covering all aspects of EXOS methodology.
+Perform all aspects of position held in a professional manner.
+Follow established policies and procedures of the company.
+Maintain professional credentials as required including attending necessary continuing education courses.
Candidates applying for this position should be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday. Also, the physical requirements of this job require frequent walking around and demonstrating and assisting with exercise movements; bending, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling and squatting are movements performed daily.
• Minimum of one year of training experience within a sports, performance based, athletics, collegiate, or professional sport setting OR successful completion of an EXOS Performance Specialist Internship
• BA/BS Kinesiology or Sports Science or related degree
• Currently hold industry certification, preferably NSCA-CSCS, CSCCA-SCCC, or NASM
Other Preferred Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree in Kinesiology, Sports Science, Rehabilitation or related field.
• Experience within the EXOS Methodology through previous Internship or Mentorship preferred
• Excellent presentation skills in both small and large group settings
• Strong customer service skills where servicing the athlete is top priority
• Energy and passion for helping others achieve their personal goals
• Must be able to work independently with little daily supervision
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience teaching group fitness classes with emphasis on helping improve technique and ability
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite or related products
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities. You may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more here: